From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Fri 08 Oct 2004 - 04:44:07 BST

Hans Eric Sandström wrote:
> I saw that you did some attepts to get this into the stock kernel a
> while ago.
> What is the status right now?

OK, well basically no-one paid any notice at the time of the feature.
The bit t
hat I chose has even been used by another flag (no-tail merge,
thankfully not a
important enough function for it to matter that the same bit has two
meanings).
It is still actively maintained by the
linux-vserver project (http://www.linux-vserver.net/).

If you have any ideas about how to "sell" this feature to the kernel
developers,
  please air them! Perhaps you have closer ties to someone with some
sway in the
  matter?

> I have need of the featue in a backup solution that am am developing
> right now.

Handy for stuff like that innit :)

What you might want to try is getting a split patch from;

   http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/s_release/v1.29/

Inside the split patch, the immulink patch is seperated out, and should
apply to
  a stock kernel.

If you have any problems, try #vserver on irc.oftc.net

--
Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
(include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)