From: Jörn Engel (joern_at_wohnheim.fh-wedel.de)
Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004 - 11:36:06 BST

On Fri, 8 October 2004 21:13:34 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 01:37:30PM -0400, Matt Ayres wrote:
> > The guy who was going to work on it disappeared.
>
> hmm, did he?

In a way. Cowlinks Work For Me(tm), so my priorities shifted
somewhat. In January I'll fine more time again.

> > As far as alternatives,
> > http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html. It was supposed to
> > be released when it was in Linux Journal... not sure what happened
> > there. The problem I had with it was re-linking identical files using
> > something such as unify-dirs. Obviously I haven't played with it, but
> > it doesn't seem like that would be possible.
>
> anyway, I guess we will continue with the CoW
> stuff, and I hope that Jörn is still willing
> to help ...

Sure. Specific small requests should get dealt with relatively
quickly.

Akpm and Linus didn't buy the infrastructure for cowlinks yet, so
those patches need a little more work. Specifically the various
copyfile() layers should also work for cifs.

Jörn

--
When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty.  I think
only how to solve the problem.  But when I have finished, if the