From: Christian Mayrhuber (christian.mayrhuber_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004 - 15:29:09 BST

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:09, Pierre.HURET_at_euro-securities-partners.com
wrote:
> Hi evreybody,
>
> I 'm trying to work with Vserver 2.6 branch, patch version 1.9.3-rc2 on
> a debian kernel 2.6.8-1-686, and an util-vserver package 0.30.195.
>
> After a good compil, a build creation with legacy mode, all seem to work
> fine except:
>
> - From a vserver, I can see IP add from "host server"
>
> - After a "vserver xxx stop", ifconfig command only saw the loopback
> adapter, so global network to my machine is out of order. In the same
> time, strangely, command "ip addr ls" give a complete result, not only
> lo0 ????

The debian default kernel config is a bit strange in regard to capabilities as
it compiles linux capabilities as module and does not load it per default.

You need to load the capability module
# modprobe capability
and add the capability module to /etc/modules to preserve it after reboot.

I made the same mistake :-)
Thanks to Björn Steinbrink for pointing it out.

--
lg, Chris