From: Matt Nuzum (matt.followers_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue 19 Oct 2004 - 16:22:07 BST

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:38:01 +0200, Tor Rune Skoglund
<torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> anyone having a well-configured vserver guest template image to offer?
>
> I saw that the link for the possible images on linux-vserver.org has
> been removed - well, not the link but the page to which it points.
>
> Security would be priority no 1, also Apache2 2.0.52, PHP 5.0.2
> and MySQL 4.0.21 would be nice.... Maybe I am asking for to much now? :-)
>
> OK, if anyone has something to offer, or any pointers, please let
> me know. Heck, I would even be glad to pay a few bucks if the
> template is good and "error free". :)
>
> The host systems is Gentoo, kernel is 2.4.27, util-vserver is 30.190.
>
> Best regards
> Tor Rune Skoglund
> --
> E-mail: torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no

I recently used the Fedora Core 1 disk image from the colinux project
at colinux.sourceforge.net. Unzip the image file, find the fc1_*.bz2
and bunzip2 it. Then, do a
mount -o loop,rw /vservers/serv_name image_file.img

Then, importantly:
vserver serv_name enter
passwd
exit

You can then start your vserver the normal way.

For those of you who want the same concept as the vserver project but
running in windows instead of linux you should check out the
"coperative linux" project. I've found it immensely useful to set up
test-servers for my applications on my own personal workstation. No
more uploading to test (because I do my coding from within windows).

--
Matthew Nuzum		| Makers of "Elite Content Management System"
www.followers.net		| View samples of Elite CMS in action