From: TK Lew (tklew99_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu 21 Oct 2004 - 09:43:32 BST

hi All :

I have compile a kernel 2.6.8.1 with vserver patch 1.92 and installed
util-vserver-0.30-1.96.

Installed the vserver using debootstrap using Piere method.

When I start the vserver , I got the following message :

sauron:/usr/local/util-vserver/etc/init.d# ./vservers-legacy start
Starting the virtual servers
Starting the virtual server germanium
Server germanium is not running
ipv4root is now 192.168.100.100
Host name is now germanium
New security context is 49158
Starting system log daemon: syslogd
Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
.
Starting kernel log daemon: klogd
Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
.
Starting internet superserver: inetd
Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
.
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron
Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
.
sauron:/usr/local/util-vserver/etc/init.d# ./vservers-legacy status
ONBOOT=yes Server germanium is not running

I can't seem to start the vserver.

Appreriate any reply.

Regards