From: Mike Fischer (mike.fischer_at_ipsi.fraunhofer.de)
Date: Thu 21 Oct 2004 - 18:14:42 BST

Thomas Hug wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:20, David MacKinnon wrote:
>>
>>In my personal experience I've found rsync memory usage starts
>>escalating with large number of small files. It's also a bit more cpu
>>intensive than drbd. This may or may not be a concern for you.
>
> It should be possible to rsync some dirs separately to not use that
> amount of memory. There should be a patched version of rsync whicht does
> exactly this. Step by step execution.

Dunno about it's memory usage; I haven't checked on that.
I tried rsync, it works like a charm.
Syncs the whole mailtree (in maildir format) in 45 minutes.

This will let me rest easy until I get to drbd working.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Kind regards,
Mike Fischer

--
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft e.V.
IPSI.ITI

Dolivostr. 15 64293 Darmstadt Telefon: 06151 / 869 - 845