From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Fri 29 Oct 2004 - 00:20:57 BST

TK Lew wrote:
> I have read the LARTC but until now I still cannot ping or get
> vapt-get working.

You need to use SNAT;

> I started the a vserver using eth1 and have a ppp0 connection to the internet.
> Vserver IP : 192.168.100.200
> This what i did using ip route ::
> 203.106.129.217 dev ppp0 proto kernel scope link src 210.195.72.82

Assuming your world IP address is 210.195.72.82, then you need to run a
command like this after your network is up:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j SNAT --to-source 210.195.72.82

Others have mentioned tools like fwbuilder and shorewall, which boil
down to issuing commands like the above as well as providing nicer
interfaces for doing all other things iptables.

--
Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
(include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)