From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 22 Nov 2004 - 15:04:03 GMT

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 07:53:29PM -0500, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> >hmm, just discovered that CONFIG_INOXID_INTERN is broken
> >in 1.9.3 so it will probably not work at all ...
>
> Do you have more details on this? It seems to work OK here.

CONFIG_INOXID_INTERN was introduced some time ago
(I'd say around 1.9.2 actually), which obsoleted
the older CONFIG_INOXID_GID32, unfortunately this
is still used in two places (ext2_update_inode()
and ext3_do_update_inode()) in the following way:

+#ifdef CONFIG_INOXID_GID32
+ raw_inode->i_raw_xid = cpu_to_le16(inode->i_xid);
+#endif

which basically prohibits updates to the xid value
of the raw inodes, when the INOXID_INTERN is selected.

this was found and fixed in vs1.9.3.7

HTH,
Herbert