From: Christian Mayrhuber (christian.mayrhuber_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri 03 Dec 2004 - 14:38:07 GMT
On Friday 03 December 2004 15:16, David Amiel wrote:
> 2/ which is the higher acceptable load on a vserver server ?
Depends on response times requirements, io bandwidth, etc. but
a these seem to be a good rule of thumb, at least for a webserver:
- around 2 * number of CPUs
- kernel 2.4: around 2.5 * number of real CPUs
- kernel 2.6: around 3 * number of real CPUs
- I experienced a significantly lower lavg after an
upgrade to kernel 2.6
- I'd let the vservers run at a nice level above 5 or
renice the sshd of the root server to -10 or below to
always get good interactivity for the root shell.
-- lg, Chris
_______________________________________________ Vserver mailing list Vserver_at_list.linux-vserver.org http://list.linux-vserver.org/mailman/listinfo/vserver