From: Liam Helmer (linuxlists_at_thevenue.org)
Date: Thu 09 Dec 2004 - 00:18:47 GMT

Yes... you can do that using mac spoofing (e.g. with fake) and setting
the nics in promiscuous mode. It's more load on the NIC and the CPU, but
not too much if your network is properly switched.

I think this is in the realm of things that, if vserver were to support
it, it would cause more problems than it would actually help. These are
things best left to something like heartbeat, etc, for setups that need
them.

Cheers,
Liam

--
Liam Helmer <linuxlists_at_thevenue.org>