From: Liam Helmer (linuxlists_at_thevenue.org)
Date: Mon 20 Dec 2004 - 17:32:55 GMT

Here's my BCapabilities -> I've been running X inside a vserver for
quite some time. This is what I use.

CAP_CHOWN
CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH -> needed for X
CAP_FOWNER
CAP_FSETID
CAP_KILL
CAP_SETGID
CAP_SETUID
CAP_SETPCAP -> I use this for ethereal
CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE
CAP_NET_BROADCAST
CAP_NET_RAW
CAP_SYS_MODULE
CAP_SYS_RAWIO
CAP_SYS_CHROOT -> needed for vserver scripts AFAICT
CAP_SYS_PTRACE
CAP_SYS_PACCT
CAP_MKNOD -> for creating the dev/card/xxx
CAP_LEASE

Cheers,
Liam

StrongBox Linux http://www.strongboxlinux.com "Making Security Friendly"