From: Nicolas Costes (nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Fri 14 Jan 2005 - 08:27:34 GMT

Le jeudi 13 Janvier 2005 21:45, Tom Laermans a écrit :
> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> >>But when I try again to start the vserver, I get the same
> >>error message as previously. What happens ?
> >
> > unrelated, probably you got the config wrong (with the
> > build command) so that it tries to setup some device
> > which doesn't exist (eth0:modele)

> Or, just a guess, maybe the kernel is compiled without network aliasing
> support?
No, it must be present, because I can create aliases...

In fact, I was given the solution yesterday by Bertl on Irc:

a) you create it [The alias] beforehand (as you do now) and use
--interface
172.x.x.x/22 without any --netdev

b) you use --netdev eth0 --interface 172.x.x.x/22 (which will
work fine but not create any alias)

c) you use --interface modele=eth0:172.x.x.x/22 (which will
create the alias for you, on startup)

I'm going to try this now, so I will send my result here shortly :-)

--
  ,,
 (°>   Nicolas Costes