From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de)
Date: Tue 01 Feb 2005 - 20:23:33 GMT

micah_at_riseup.net (Micah Anderson) writes:

>> | * make a 'clone' build method
>> |
>> | which allows to clone an existing vserver (with modified options)
>>
>> I would like to have a generic CLI tool which modifies the
>> configuration, before I implement this method. 'vcopy' needs
>> testing also; especially for the not-link-but-copy and
>> skipped-files cases.
>
> What is vcopy? I did not know it existed and I cannot find any man
> pages for it. Does it do a "clone" of a vserver?

It is a 'cp -l' with a builtin 'vunify'. It uses the same exclude
list mechanism like 'vunify' so that certain files will be copied
instead of linked (e.g. cfg-files), or skipped entirely (e.g. ssh
hostkeys, user data).

Basic usage (requires 0.30.203+) is

| # mkdir -p /etc/vservers/<source>/apps/vunify
| (+ configure special exclude lists)
| # /usr/lib/util-vserver/vunify <dst> <src>

But it is not mature enough to document it somewhere else ;)
(e.g. '-n' does not really work, <source> *requires* a supported
pkg-management, ...)

Enrico