From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.net)
Date: Wed 02 Feb 2005 - 13:32:06 GMT

On ons, 2005-02-02 at 12:38 +0100, Christian Andreetta wrote:
> Just a little info: a promising port of unionfs was released for linux, with
> additional features, on http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html
>
> This is a kernel module based on lufs (already packaged for Gentoo): loading
> this module, is is possible to have a read-only chroot template
> installation, to be overriden only in the needed _files_ (not only dirs).

The only problem I see here in comparison to the unification from
vserver is, that if you upgrade your template, you force-upgrade any
of the vservers, that depend on it, wanted or not.

Also, if some of these vservers allready have been upgraded earlier, you
will have the same data twice (or more).

So unionfs fit's only in certain vserver installations, exactly as it is
with vunify. Often too much of a hassle in comparison to the pricing,
that storage costs today.

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire