From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 17 Feb 2005 - 01:02:10 GMT

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:51:21AM +0000, Andy Fletcher wrote:
> Thursday, February 17, 2005, 12:42:07 AM, you wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:33:12PM +0000, Andy Fletcher wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm trying to get vserver working with the 2.9.10 and the development
> >> patches but just getting lots of segfaults all the time, randomly.
>
> > no wonder, 2.9.10 will not be released anytime soon,
> > you should not use patches from the future ... ;)
>
> See what too much playing with vserver does to you? :) I meant 2.6.10 of
> course.
>
> >> The guides available on the vserver website have been followed and the
> >> system will sometimes boot, but sometimes not.
>
> > interesting ...
>
> >> The kernel works fine without the patch so I'm pretty sure it's adding
> >> vserver that causes it, but no idea how or why.
>
> > okay, which patch, what kernel ...
>
> Patch from: http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/d_rel26/v1.9.4/patch-2.6.10-vs1.9.4.diff
> Kernel is vanilla 2.6.10 from kernel.org
>
> >> Not sure what additional information is needed or if anyone knows
> >> about this and can offer any pointers.
>
> You're probably going to nod knowingly when I tell you that I'm
> currently running this Linux environment under VMWare, if that makes a
> difference then please do let me know and I'll get it on some real
> hardware ASAP and try again.

hmm, well, I never tested (and probably never will test)
with VMWare, but could you do the following please:

 a) provide some more infos about the kernel .config
    and the utilized compiler/linker

 b) try with
    http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.11-rc4-vs1.9.4.4.diff
    (ontop of 2.6.11-rc4)