From: Micah Anderson (micah_at_riseup.net)
Date: Sat 19 Feb 2005 - 21:15:13 GMT

Stephen Frost schrieb am Thursday, den 17. February 2005:

> This is certainly something I'm all for, and were the Debian maintainer
> of vserver going to upload a kernel-patch for 1.9.4 I'd be happy to help
> him create that package such that it patches cleanly against Debian
> kernel sources (again, not hard to do, really).

What is to stop us (both debian developers), as well as other debian
developers who are wanting this, from creating our own kernel-patch
package that implements the patches for 1.9.4 and the updated tools?
An example would be the difference between kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity
(for 2.4 kernels and old grsec) and kernel-patch-grsecurity2 (for 2.6
kernels and new grsec). Obviously the maintainer of the -ctx patch and
the util-vserver does not find the newer patch and utilities important
or stable enough, but everyone else does.

If the maintainer of the -ctx patch and of util-vserver wishes to
continue to maintain those old packages and does not wish to maintain
the package for the newer kernel patch and newer utilities, we should
have no problem with that. We simply solve what is obviously our
problem, rather than try to make it Ola Lundqvist and Ron Lee's problem.

> I think it's a good idea, but I'm not the current maintainer, just
> another DD.

and another here...

micah