From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 01 Mar 2005 - 19:49:52 GMT

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Brian Ipsen wrote:

> I've attached my wbel3-minimum file here (copy/paste from a Windows based
> pc, you might want to convert it first). It might be possible to reduce it
> further - first of all I'd just like to get a server ip and running inside
> the vserver environment - than I can play around with reducing the number of
> needed RPM's afterwards ;-)

Thanks I'll check it out. I just went through a Fedora Core 3 install of
the main server and was very unhappy with all the 'stuff' included when I
didn't request it. I'm hoping to come up with a _really_ minimal set for
the main server and the vserver.

> They are being read from /home/wbel3 - I've copied all RPM packages into
> that dir... "rpm -k *.rpm" doesn't show any packages as damaged.

RAM/swap issue. IDE drives? And the best a friend ran into was a bad
controller/cable combination though that was connected to a IDE RAID card.

> I'm using a modified install-xxxx script - which has been modified io read
> the wbel3-minimum list, and grab the RPMs from the dir in the /home folder,
> instead of using the CD-Rom drive....
>
> I don't know if the linuxconf gui is better to handle this stuff..

Different. Jacques is still doing some development on it and I like the
brain-dead simple interface for something I do rarely -- create new
vserver. I only use it from the command line so the gui is text based.

I'll look at your list and see what it will take to test it on the system
I am working on right now.

Rod