From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 08 Mar 2005 - 23:18:21 GMT

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:03:24AM -0800, shishir randive wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am reading the hard cpu scheduler code for the
> VSERVER , I am having some difficulties
> in it ...

interesting ...

> will you please explain me token structure
> used by an scheduler, structure that we found in the
> sched.c under vserver dir is as follows ,
>
> enum tokens {
> TOKEN_NVRAM,
> TOKEN_SYNC,
> TOKEN_WIDE,
> TOKEN_PPR,
> TOKEN_VERBOSE,
> TOKEN_DEBUG,
> };

interesting enum, where did you find it?
anyway, I can assure you, it's absolutely unrelated
to linux-vserver, I would know that ;)

> I also want to know that,
> How vserver assigns tokens to each context ?

configurable amount per timeslice

> How it tracks the progress of each context ?

each timeslice requires a token to have a process run

> On which basis scheduler assigns time slices for each
> context?

on the same as the 'normal' linux schedulers,
it just limits the maximum to the available amount
of tokens ...

> Is there any documentation for hard CPU
> scheduler ?

http://linux-vserver.org/Linux-VServer-Paper-06