From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de)
Date: Wed 09 Mar 2005 - 13:28:23 GMT

Timo.Mueller_at_Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de (Timo Müller) writes:

> I´ve build a fc2 vserver and I can start it and enter it but I can´t
> stop it.
> This error comes or it dont go on (i think it can´t shutdown that
> interface) But why ??:

mmh... the network initscripts should have been disabled by
'vserver ... build' (the initpost command is responsible for
doing that).

> Second:
> I wanna build a fc3 vserver, but in ./distrubotion is only fc2, so i
> make a new directory
> fc3 and add a soource list to
> /etc/vservers/.distributions/fc3/apt/sources.list

you should add an 'rpmpriorities' there also. Next util-vserver
version will have apt support for fc3 also.

> And now i wanne build it and then:
>
> -bash-3.00# vserver vs-fc3-3 build --force -m apt-rpm --hostname
> vsfc3-3.a.de --netdev et
> 0 --interface xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/26 -- -d fc3 -m apt-rpm --hostname
> vsfc3-3.a.de --netdev eth0
> Renamed '/usr/local/etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase/vs-fc3-3' to

Are you sure that there are no conflicts? Above, you mentioned
/etc/... as the place for the configuration.

> E: Konnte Datei
> /usr/local/etc/vservers/vs-fc3-3/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/rpmpriorities
> nicht öffnen - open (2 Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)

Enrico