From: Bjoern Steinbrink (bjoern.steinbrink_at_isp4p.net)
Date: Sun 13 Mar 2005 - 15:23:14 GMT

On 2005.03.13 13:10:27 +0100, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> What I kinda would love to see is dchroot support with vserver. Going
> through sudo with vserver suexec is kinda long way to type and setup.
> Having a dchroot context-enabled would be a very handy thing for
> especially developer build environments IMHO.

I've quickly hacked some small wrapper that allows a functionality
similar to dchroot for vservers. You supply a vservername and a command
which is then executed in the vserver, using the user in the vserver
with the same username as the user which executes the wrapper. If no
such user exists, the wrapper doesn't do anything.
For example:
You're logged in as user Foo in the host. There's also a user Foo in
vserver VS1, then you can do:
vexec VS1 bash
To get a bash inside VS1 as user Foo.

Source code can be found at:
http://www.13thfloor.at/~doener/vserver/tools/

I don't recommend using it in a not trustworthy environment as it is, as
i said, just a quick hack atm. Maybe Enrico can integrate something like
that into util-vserver.

HTH
Bjoern