From: Martin Pauly (pauly_at_hrz.uni-marburg.de)
Date: Wed 16 Mar 2005 - 18:12:44 GMT

Hi,

When trying to track down my routing problem,
I just came across the following:

I have a vserver with:

IPROOT="eth1:137.248.1.53"
IPROOTMASK=255.255.255.128
IPROOTBCAST=137.248.1.127

The last entry is probably redundant, but anyway,
/proc/self/status gives me:

ipv4root: 3501f889/00ffffff
ipv4root_bcast: 7f01f889

The thing before the slash in ipv4root is my IP address in hex, to be read
from right to left, right? So I suppose the thing after the slash might
just be my subnet mask in the same notation -- but if so, it's wrong.
Is this just a display error or does ist effect routing?

Cheers, Martin

--
  Dr. Martin Pauly     Fax:    49-6421-28-26994
  HRZ Univ. Marburg    Phone:  49-6421-28-23527