From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 29 Mar 2005 - 17:27:33 BST

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:18:14PM +0100, Gaz Wilson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have recently built a test server using Debian and have installed
> the Debian packages for vservers (running on a 2.4 kernel)
>
> I then found that the development releases for 2.4 and 2.6 kernels have
> much more interesting and fun options that would be of use to me, so
> I rebuilt the Debian box (using Sarge) and opted to install vs 1.9.5-rc1
> on a 2.6 kernel with the GRSec 2.1.3 patches - all has gone well.
>
> To complement this, I downloaded util-vserver-0.30.203, but I have a
> question which probably has a very obvious answer - the above tool package
> does not have a newvserver script with it, so I am at a loss as to the
> "proper" way to add new virtual servers onto the system?

the newvserver script has been obsoleted almost a year
ago, and you can find some examples for the util-vserver
tools, and a complete description of the configuration
tree at:

 http://linux-vserver.org/alpha+util-vserver
 http://www.nongnu.org/util-vserver/doc/conf/configuration.html

> Any advice appreciated :)

1.9.5 is released (2.6.11.6 is current), tools are
0.30.205, you can get the relase at:

 http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/d_rel26/v1.9.5/

and the tools at

 http://www.13thfloor.at/~ensc/util-vserver/files/alpha/