From: Gaz Wilson (dragon_at_dragons.org.uk)
Date: Wed 30 Mar 2005 - 11:21:32 BST

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:37:13AM +0100, Gaz Wilson wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> >
> > > the newvserver script has been obsoleted almost a year
> > > ago, and you can find some examples for the util-vserver
> > > tools, and a complete description of the configuration
> > > tree at:
> >
> > Doh, of course it has :) Thanks for giving me a bash with the clue
> > stick. I am however experiencing issues with my setup (Debian Sarge,
> > VS 1.9.5, grsec 2.1.3, util-vserver-0.30.203) in that it doesn't seem
> > to install quite right (errors), and it point blank refuses to start the
> > vserver afterwards. Can anyone advise me as to what might be the issue,
>
> well, most likely the issue is still the 'debian' part there ...
>
> (although debian is making great progress)
>
> I would suggest to compile util-vserver-0.30.205 by hand and
> make sure it uses dietlibc, then try again, if the issues
> remain, we'll have a closer look at it ...

Hi Herbert!

Although I am using Debian, I am running the utils that I compiled from
source myself, which were indeed compiled against dietlibc

With regards to GRsec - I enabled sysctl mode, which means GRSec is
disabled from boot by default, so I am now less sure that GRSec is
at fault here, but if you, or anyone else knows otherwise, it'd
be great to hear :)

Thanks!

GW

--
   /           Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480            \
 .'(_.------.  e: dragon_at_northernscum.org.uk MSN: dragonv480   .------._)`.