From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 31 Mar 2005 - 07:48:58 BST

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:34:07PM +0200, eschler_at_global.de wrote:
> I have some questions regarding linux-vserver:
>
> Q1: Is there still any ctx Patch or something similar for the current
> stable branch of linux-vserver and current linux 2.4 kernels?

don't know if there is/was any ctx patch ...

please elaborate what you are looking for ...

> I saw in several mailing lists that it is possible to hide eth0 with
> that patch.

linux-vserver v1.9.x does this (configurable with a cflag)

> I always have eth0, the eth0 alias of my virtual machine and the lo of
> the host.
>
> Q2: NFS3 kernel server and linux-vserver. Will it work in current
> stable or in developement patches of linux-vserver?

nfsv3 is working quite fine with 1.9.x, so yes ;)

> Q3: Linux-vserver and linux 2.6. Is there a roadmap for getting it
> stable? Are there still many bugs in it or is 2.6 nearly production
> ready?

there are still some issues, but I guess we can resolve
them in near future .. (several companies are already using
2.6/1.9.x in production, so it probably can be considered
somewhat production ready ;)

HTH,
Herbert