From: Stephen Frost (sfrost_at_snowman.net)
Date: Mon 04 Apr 2005 - 22:26:41 BST

* Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at) wrote:

> > > Thanks a lot for the information. It is good to know so I can take
> > > actions so it will not be included (in that arch) if Debian ship with
> > > x86_64 as a release arch.
> >
> > x86_64 isn't a release arch for Debian/sarge anyway. However,
> > util-vserver (my own compiled one, I'm getting ready to try the version
> > in Debian/unstable very shortly) worked just fine on amd64/x86_64. I
> > havn't had any problems with it and would be suprised if I have any with
> > the Debian package. I certainly don't think amd64/x86_64 should be
> > excluded from util-vserver without alot more justification...
>
> could you please provide the dietlibc and
> util-vserver which is working on x86_64?

heh, I havn't got dietlibc working. :) Not working w/ dietlibc isn't a
reason to drop util-vserver from Debian/amd64 though (which was what it
looked like Ola was implying he was going to do). This was with regular
glibc, and just for the record the Debian 0.30.204-4 package appears to
be working quite nicly on amd64.

        Stephen