From: Ola Lundqvist (opal_at_debian.org)
Date: Sun 10 Apr 2005 - 18:31:30 BST

Package: util-vserver
Severity: important

Hello

Thanks for the note. I have now filed this as a bug against the util-vserver
package in debian (that I maintain) so it will not be forgotten.

Regards,

// Ola

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 04:45:24PM +0100, Gaz Wilson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Just a short note to let you know that under some circumstances, Debian
> offers for you to link /bin/sh to a shell called dash, which is supposed
> to be a faster, smaller bash. Unfortunately dash is incompatible with
> some of the vserver scripts - most notably vserver-copy breaks terribly
> when /bin/sh is symlinked to dash.
>
> I'm not sure if it's worth re-writing the scripts to cater for dash as I
> don't know how popular it will become - certainly it looks like a new
> addition to Debian as I have only been asked about this on my most
> recent server builds (I use Debian Sarge, and I think the question comes
> about as a result of a recent apt-upgrade).
>
> If this is deemed insignificant, then at least we know about it know so
> maybe it could be added to a trouble shooting section on the website? At the
> very least the fact it'll be in the mailling list archive might help some
> poor soul in the future who might think things are just broken - it took
> me a couple of hours to figure out whats going on here ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> GW
>
> --
> / Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480 \
> .'(_.------. e: dragon_at_northernscum.org.uk MSN: dragonv480 .------._)`.
> < _ | Skype:dragonv480 ICQ:342070475 AIM:dragonv480 | _ >
> `.( `------' w: http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk `------' ).'
> \ w: http://www.northernscum.org.uk /

/  opal_at_debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal_at_lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |