From: Darryl Ross (spam_at_afoyi.com)
Date: Fri 15 Apr 2005 - 02:41:44 BST

Hey All,

I joined the IRC channel to ask this question, but it seems that
everyone is asleep :)

Basically, I am trying to get a gentoo guest image working inside a
fedora 3 host. I've followed a couple of Wiki entries at

http://vserver.strahlungsfrei.de/tiki-index.php?page=VServerGentooNew
and
http://linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=GentooGuestHowto

but I can't get the vserver to start. When I try, I get this:

[root_at_puma root]# vserver gentoo_test status
Vserver 'gentoo_test' is stopped
[root_at_puma root]# vserver gentoo_test start
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
mount: none already mounted or . busy
/etc/vservers/gentoo_test/fstab:1:1: failed to mount fstab-entry
  * Caching service dependencies...
[root_at_puma root]# vserver gentoo_test status
Vserver 'gentoo_test' is stopped

I'm not sure why it is giving me the RTNETLINK error, as the IP address
is not in use before starting the vserver.

Also, I've not seen that mount problem before on a vserver machine. The
fstab contains:

none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /tmp tmpfs size=16m,mode=1777 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0

I was getting an error about /etc/rc.d/rc, but I solved that be echoing
"gentoo" into apps/init/style.

My config tree looks like:

.
|-- apps