From: Stephen Frost (sfrost_at_snowman.net)
Date: Sun 17 Apr 2005 - 22:29:33 BST

* Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de) wrote:
> That's not possible. During the extraction phase, 'rpm' has to do
> an username -> uid mapping with the setup from the inside of the
> chroot. So at least there, I need getpwname() after chroot().

Sorry for the double-reply but additionally, is that the only place
where this issue exists? I'm not even sure what you mean by the
'extraction phase'- do you mean when building the vserver? If you're
building it new it seems unlikely that it's a compramised vserver. Does
this affect Debian users at all (who use Debian in their vservers)?

        Stephen