From: Benoit des Ligneris (benoit.des.ligneris_at_revolutionlinux.com)
Date: Tue 26 Apr 2005 - 01:27:27 BST

Hello,

It all depends how you did generate the vserver you are using.

If you used the script you mention and have installed apt-get (for rpm) and have
correctly configured your apt-get sources then it is not normal as you
should have a functionnal vserver. I don't have a fedora core system
handy but the utilities you mention should be avalaible in the vserver.

It is a good thing to use a "meta-package" system (apt-get, yum, urpmi)
so that it manage dependencies for you.

However, if you don't want to use a "meta-package" management system then it is
a bit more difficult to build a functionnal vserver as you have to build a minimal
RPM list that include the utilities as well as the dependencies.

You can also install all the RPMs from the first CD if you want but it
will build a "big" vserver...

Ben
* Commission Scolaire de Laval Laval <csdlaval_at_hotmail.com> [05-04-19 18:04]:
> PART TWO :
> my /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions/fc3/pkgs/01 , 02, and 03 contain
> like 6 packages in total.
> Is this normal ?
>
> PART ONE :
> >I believe I'm experiencing problems with my vserver since I miss a great
> >amount of commands, like "passwd" and "rpm" for example. I'd like to know
> >what I did wrong.
> >I'm using fedora core 3, vserver utils 0.30.205, and I have built my
> >server with this command:
> >
> >vserver vserv1 build -m apt-rpm --hostname test --interface
> >eth0:10.99.1.16/16 -d fc3
> >

> >Please ask me questions about my setup if the information provided here is
> >insufficient.
> >Thank you

Benoit des Ligneris Ph. D.
President de Revolution Linux            http://www.revolutionlinux.com/
OSCAR                                 http://oscar.openclustergroup.org/
EduLinux                                        http://www.edulinux.org/

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimées dans ce courriel sont celles de son auteur et ne répresentent pas nécessairement celles de Révolution Linux

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux