From: Oliver Welter (mail_at_oliwel.de)
Date: Fri 01 Jul 2005 - 19:49:42 BST

Hi Werner,

> I now need to do a full backup as this is a new server. Obviously I will do
> incremental backups in the near future but not now :-)

When you issue the rsync command form the source machine you can try a
"nice" so it will not eat all your cpu.

For other solutions dig the archives of the list - there are actually
two approaches.

1: set the "ulimit" for the server to limit mem/cpu usage
2: use the vsched options (there was a thread on the list some weeks
ago, http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg09262.html or
google for vsched )

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt