From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de)
Date: Wed 27 Jul 2005 - 07:59:44 BST

herbert_at_13thfloor.at (Herbert Poetzl) writes:

> hmm, isn't vwait --timeout 30 supposed to time out after
> 30 seconds and go wild on your remaining processes?
> (this one is for enrico)

There was a classical bug in the signal handling (glibc does not
interrupt vc_wait_exit() but restarts it by default). I tested the
dietlibc version only which does not show this behavior. There was
a race also which could cause non-timeouting when the system time
was modified in the wait phase.

Both issues should be solved in CVS.

Enrico