From: Benedikt Boehm (hollow_at_gentoo.org)
Date: Mon 01 Aug 2005 - 16:41:00 BST

On Monday 01 August 2005 17:33, Jean-Christophe Petit wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> if I understand correctly from the README, libvserser is a replacement
> from util-vserser ?

well, libvserver is just a replacement for a part of util-vserver.

util-vserver ships a library in lib/ which is used by all/some (?) of the
tools in src/

the new libvserver can be used by other applications to access the vserver
kernel features

> What are the differences in terms of stability, compatibility,
> components, etc between util-vserver-0.30.208 (that I'm using)
> In fact, do you recommand me to upgrade to libvserser-0.3 ?
>
> regards,
>
> Benedikt Boehm wrote:
> >Hi folks!
> >
> >I'm pleased to announce libvserver 0.3, the first release considered more
> > or less stable. This release supports the complete API of the
> > Linux-VServer 2.0 kernel patches (libvserver.so) and provides additional
> > helper functions such as capability lists (libvserver-util.so). As of
> > now, the public interface to libvserver.so is not subject of change
> > anymore.
> >
> >An API doc is also available via doxygen, just use the provided Doxyfile
> > or go to http://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/vserver/libvserver/doc/ for the
> > latest API doc.
> >
> >Have fun!

Benedikt Böhm                   Tel: +49 89 18 92 34 34
Creative Group                  Web:       www.croup.de
Hedwigstr. 10                   E-Mail:     bb_at_croup.de
D-80636 München                 GPG-ID:      0xB5FAF161