From: Andreas John (lists_at_aj.net-lab.net)
Date: Sat 06 Aug 2005 - 15:10:02 BST

Hello!

As I can see on the flower page (after disabling CSS with Webdeveloper
Plugin), there is the possibility to do several "rlimits".

I propose to set sane defaults for rlimits. I assume this could/should
be done within the "vserver build" command?

Well, I mean if I run a mem-eater or process-rabbit within a guest, the
host's power drain up to total trashing (kudos the remote hands in the
datacentre)

You can try yourself for example with this nifty piece of bash code
taken from Michal Zalewski's e-mail signature:

You could argue that this also a quesstion of the host's operating
system/distribution, where I would totally agree. But we don't have the
possibilty to change that in all distri around ....

So, any recommendations for sane limits? I don't even know what's the
current maximum pid in the kernel ...

rgds,
Andreas