From: naga sudha (gnsudha03_at_yahoo.co.in)
Date: Mon 08 Aug 2005 - 05:17:54 BST

Hi all
I have to build my first vserver. I have installed vserver tools on 2.4.26vs1.28 on redhat distribution.now i have to start my vserver .but after configuring my first server, i gave vserver name enter the following error is coming.

No configuration for this vserver: /etc/vservers/vs1.conf

any help plz

bye

Andreas John <lists_at_aj.net-lab.net> wrote:
Hello!

> if you mean Disk Limits (i.e. total limit of diskspace
> per partition a guest can use up) then they are implemented

Yes, I meant disk limit per guest. You didn't mention how to. I cannot
find it in the wiki / flower page ... How to I tell vhost foo not to
consume more than 2 GB Disk space? Can I also limit max number of inodes
(so that one guets cannot DoS the Host by taking all inodes)

> in vs2.0, if you refer to Disk Quota (User and Group quota
> per guest and partition) they are not implemented yet
> (for vs2.0) but they work on separate partitions ...

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Quota
-> (for 2.4.22 as Test for 2.6.x)
Could you please elaborate on that? Does ist mean, it implementred in
pre 2.0 versions as a proof of concept? Is it based on VFS or did you
patch into ext? (I told you on WTH I use reiser ;))

> it works reasonably fine with unified files, they are not
> accounted to the guest space (and it requires context
> tagging on the partition in question)

So my customers are lucky: I can't charge for unified file space...
argh... but not so important feature .... :-)

> HTH,

It does....

rgds,