From: Oliver Welter (mail_at_oliwel.de)
Date: Mon 08 Aug 2005 - 22:55:33 BST

Hi List,

today my host crashed du to some bad conditions...and I found a very
stupid issue....

I run gentoo (host and guest) with 2.6 kernel and recent tools.
The vServers are guarded by a heartbeat installation.

Now my hardware crahed, the external server-watchdog rebootet the
maschine and the host came up fine, BUT my vServers didnt start.

As the servers crahsed during runtime the /var/lib/init.d inside the
guests indicated a running system and so the "vserver start" command was
ineffectiv on all vServers.

Is there any tool or flag to force the start of a (gentoo) vServer even
if the init.d directory is not empty ?

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt