From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Thu 11 Aug 2005 - 12:00:03 BST

I have built and installed a new kernel and nd getting ready to build the
tools but have one question I've not seen asked or seen mentioned before.
It is probably falls somewhere below "stupid" on the question scale.

Do I have to have the new kernel running to build the tools? I can't
reboot right now ( it's nearly 4:00am and I'm 35 miles from the NOC where
the box is :-). That is, is there anything in the tools that requires the
vServer to be running for them to build correctly? The system is
currently running 2.6.10-vs1.9.4 installed from OpenVPS rpms but using the
legacy tools/configuration. I'm trying to get as much done while my
portion of the world sleeps.

TIA,
Rod