From: Andreas John (aj_at_net-lab.net)
Date: Fri 12 Aug 2005 - 18:19:30 BST

Hi!

HAve you considered the libbeecrypt problem I reported this night, might
be debian specific?

And I get the following problem when buildinf vashify:

> checking for sys/capability.h... yes
> checking beecrypt/beecrypt.h usability... yes
> checking beecrypt/beecrypt.h presence... yes
> checking for beecrypt/beecrypt.h... yes
> checking for hashFunctionContextInit in -lbeecrypt... no
> configure: WARNING:
> ****
> **** 'beecrypt' could not be found;
> **** this will disable the build of 'vhashify'
> ****

Bertl told that he can compile it von -mdk versions .....

I didn't file a bug anywhere, because I am not sure what's the right
place .... debian or savannah ....

rgds,
j.

Micah Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, John Goerzen wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Herbert was advising me on IRC to not use 0.30.207 with a new vs2.0
>>installation because 207 is broken upstream, and because the Debian
>>package adds some additional brokenness.
>>
>>So I have two questions:
>>
>>1) Has anyone made 0.30.208 debs?
>

> The debian maintainer is working on .208 debs now:
>

>>2) Does anyone know what this additional brokenness in the Debian
>>packages is?
>

> Part of the problem is .207 is several months old, and many things were
> fixed between that release and .208, in fact there are additional fixes that
> Bertl have done for .208.
>
> I am not aware of Debian specific package brokenness, but I would like to
> know if there are such things so we can file bugs and get those fixed, poste
> haste.
>
> micah

Andreas John
net-lab GmbH