From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 13 Aug 2005 - 01:45:03 BST

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:42:45AM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Well my questions
> ( which I'm shooting all over as I find a new place to ask :-) are:
>
> "What is tagxid?"

a mount option, required to utilize the persistant
context file tagging ...

http://linux-vserver.org/Linux-VServer-Paper-04
(section 04.5 Filesystem XID Tagging)

> "Are there any problems with using this on a single partition ( well
> there is also a swap partition but no /vservers) hardware RAID cause
> any problems?"

yes, because context creation happens between
host and guest context, and files written at this
time might easily mess up your host system ...

so let me tell you: an xid tagged rootfs is not
a good idea ... unless you are looking for trouble

> There was a thread last November/December on tagxid but it dealt with
> why it was used/needed.

well, that's something :)