From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 18 Aug 2005 - 13:37:12 BST

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 08:14:35AM +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> lrueegg_at_pixworx.ch ("lukas.rueegg [pixworx multimedia]") writes:
>
> >> c) using the cleanup feature we added to the kernel
> >> (please discuss this with Enrico)
> > enrico, we read your talk with sam and others in november '04 but didn't
> > get any hints about the current status. is there any way of cleaning up
> > a new namespace in the pre-start-script or generally for all namespaces
> > available?
> >
> > at the moment, we are playing around with the pre-start-scripts, until
> > now unsuccessfully...
>
> atm, manual unmounting in the *pre-start script will be the best
> choice. The architecture of the 'vserver' script does not allow
> automatic cleanup. Perhaps I will add some logic datermining and
> unmounting removable devices but this will be more a hack than a
> clean solution.
>
> I am thinking about a daemon doing the vserver startup; this daemon
> could be started very early, lives in its own namespace and would not be
> affected by changes in the main-namespace. But this daemon does not have
> a big priority...

well, it would solve a bunch of issues at once, but
it would probably run into the same problems once it
is restarted, no?

maybe we should improve the 'cleanup' of the guest
namespace somehow, but I have absolutely no idea what
your requirements in this regard are ...

PS: guess I would appreciate some scheduled discussions
via IRC or if you insist, we can do it via email ...