From: Subhabrata Bhattacharya (xions.microcosm_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Fri 19 Aug 2005 - 06:06:07 BST

Hi,

I am struggling to get a single vserver instance up.I use this command
to build the vserver from scratch:

$ vserver tserv build -m skeleton --hostname face --interface
eth0:10.1.10.1 --rootdir=/var/lib/vservers --force

This file (and a few others) was automatically created

$ cat /etc/vservers/tserv/fstab
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /tmp tmpfs size=16m,mode=1777 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0

This is my vservers.conf
$ cat /etc/vservers.conf
BACKGROUND=no
VSERVERS_ROOT=/var/lib/vservers
GENERATEMTAB=yes

But when I try to start the vserver instance I get this error:

$ vserver tserv start

secure-mount: chdir("/tmp"): No such file or directory
/usr/local/etc/vservers/tserv/fstab:2:1: failed to mount fstab-entry
find: var/run: No such file or directory
fakerunlevel: open("/var/run/utmp"): No such file or directory

Failed to start vserver 'tserv'

What could have gone wrong?

~$ubh