From: Xavier Montagutelli (xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr)
Date: Fri 26 Aug 2005 - 10:41:41 BST

On Friday 26 August 2005 09:36, Matvey Gladkikh wrote:

> > > Is there a way to limit each vserver's maximum memory usage to 64 MB?
>
> This instruction should be issued each time guest boots up?

No, you can normally write the rlimit in file etc/vservers/<server
name>/rlimits/<limit name>.hard

Cf flower page
http://www.nongnu.org/util-vserver/doc/conf/configuration.html

But the "data" limit per context doesn't seem available right now
http://linux-vserver.org/Resource+Limits (no "R" in Code column)

From my tests, you can use "--rss" (file "rss.hard") or "--as" (file
"as.hard"). For your purpose, perhaps "as" (address space, or virtual memory)
is what you want ?

--
Xavier Montagutelli
Service Commun Informatique