From: Andreas John (lists_at_aj.net-lab.net)
Date: Wed 31 Aug 2005 - 22:55:13 BST

Hello!

My $.02 to aacraid weclome? Read that:

http://kerneltrap.org/node/3778?from=50&comments_per_page=50
http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0501/msg00956.html

I even had a longer thread and a telcons with Adaptec Support.
.
Are you using SATA discs? What does a hdparm -t /dev/xxx say you?
Besides that the hardware is pretty slow. Did you notice those crappy
Silicon Image chips on the board?

At the end I simply stopped using aacraid. Some could question 3ware's
recent driver/tools licensing, but at least they work. But linux
softraid is faster anyway.

Again I have to add: Only my $.02. Adaptec also builds great SCSI
interface cards .....

rgds,
Andreas