From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 03 Sep 2005 - 04:04:23 BST

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 02:38:06PM +0200, Roman Pretory wrote:
> Hi
>
> Following trouble ich have with vservers somethimes
>
> Kernel 2.4.6/2.4.30 vserver 029, 032

hmm, please give the
  http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/SCRIPT/testme.sh
a try and let us know what the output is ...

> the vserver hangs in some processes or anything else,
> than he is also not anymore reachable over ssh or webmin,
> so that there is no way from inside.
>
> the node is reachable, the reaktion of it not everythime good, but it
> works.
>
> to enter or to stop the vserver over the normal command ..(vserver xy
> stop/enter) ends by (New security context is 49152), by enter over ssh
> I could kill the session.. no way out.

I would suggest to avoid dynamic context ids,
better use static ones (2-49151)

> in the passt i allways make a reset on the node, but I think there
> should be a better way, because the node is still alife.

yep, maybe an update of the kernel/patches
might help here, maybe a restructuring of
your network setup too, we need to gather
more information first ...

TIA,
Herbert