From: Stephen Harris (lists_at_spuddy.org)
Date: Sun 04 Sep 2005 - 23:31:26 BST

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 07:17:54AM +0900, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:

> I mean, I can write -o ro mounted dirs!. Why?
> and any clue?

It means you didn't read the documentation relating to bind mounts; they
don't change the underlying permissions, so if the original mount is
writeable then so is the bind mount.

Fortunately Herbert has written some patches ("Bind Mount Extensions")
that allow you to do exactly what you want. I use them to make file
systems available read-only in the vserver, and they seem to work
just great.

http://www.13thfloor.at/patches/