From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 09 Sep 2005 - 14:05:59 BST

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 08:48:58AM +0200, Oliver Welter wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
>
> >*sigh* this is a common misconception, networking
> >(for now, i.e. without ngnet) is happening on the
>
> Do I interpret that right, that ngnet will solve the problem ?

no problem here, it's just that it works differently
as most folks might suspect (especially if coming
from UML or XEN or even virtual machines like QEMU
or Bochs)

> How "stable" is ngnet - is it risky to use ni a production env ?

currently it is neither stable nor really available
for vs2.0, there were some experimental patches for
1.9.x to get a working prototype and test the
implications (btw, testing was successful so we
will work on that in the near future as time permits)