From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Wed 14 Sep 2005 - 18:41:34 BST

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 01:20 pm, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

cool thank you. makes sense now. there must have been route problems along the
way because for the past 2 hours i could not get into linux-vserver.org, but
now i can.

now that the site is active to me again i need to search for the doc i noticed
a while ago about using i think its bind to 'mount' a directory within a
vserver to an outside directory.. i have a community distfiles directory for
gentoo's portage which contains several gigs of the latest things. by sharing
this among my machines, i limit downloads to an absolute minimum and use no
extra disk space since the file winds up available to every machine. i think
i remember reading this can work within a vserver environment.

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 12:33:31PM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> >

> > This may mean nothing and only reflect my own ignorance but I am
> > curious if the differences between a B and b returned with showattr
> > means anything?
>
> yes the 'B' means that a barrier is set, while 'b' means
> that barrier flag is available but not set right now ...
>
> > Or if these entries below are proper as they are?
>
> yep, they are proper, as you want the barrier to reside
> right _above_ the guest's root dir ...
>
> > When I used showattr -d on some directories here were the results
> > the paths are: /vservers is the parent directory and gentoo is
> > /vservers/gentoo as my first vserver install which is incomplete yet
> > and will wind up being my 'template' for others.
> >
> > ---Bui- vservers
> > ---bui- genoo
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/Linux-VServer-Paper-04
> (04.2)
>
> HTH,
> Herbert
>
> > --
> >
> > Chuck

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book