From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Fri 16 Sep 2005 - 22:21:31 BST

On Friday 16 September 2005 04:39 pm, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> > > davin vservers # setattr --iunlink test
> > > davin vservers # echo bye>test
> > > -bash: test: Too many links
> > > davin vservers #
> > >

> > i just double checked and i have CoW enabled in the kernel..
>
> you might try with
>
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.13.1-vs2.1.0-pre11.diff
>
> just verified that CoW breaking works there
> make sure to use an FS with attributes (chattr)
> support (reiserfs requires attrs option) and
> that you actually use 'links' there (i.e. link
> count > 1) not just 'files'

hmm ok will that patch work on this kernel since its pre5 or do i need to add
each patch until i reach this pre11 ?
im not sure they will work on this anyway since it has gentoo patches in it
too. i may have to add manually.

2.6.13-vs2.1.0-pre5-gentoo

will tackle this tomorow. got a job to do tonight that will take a bit of
time.