From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Sat 17 Sep 2005 - 00:34:55 BST

What if I need to move a guest that was linked to its template and has other
services installed ,to another physical host that already has its own
template..

would i move the guest and copy its template and they would be unique compared
to the rest of the guests on the destination server?

if the implications are serious enough, i will have to simply clone by tarring
and put up with the wasted disk space in favor of easy failover

this scenario would be just wanting to move it to a new server leaving the
rest alone.. if there was a host hardware failure i would move everything to
a fresh host. but what does that do to the links when moving to another
drive? it would be same file system, reiserfs

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book