From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Tue 20 Sep 2005 - 15:05:21 BST

I don't comprehend the verver.stop script :( however I can tell you the
fail/timeout is external to the gentoo guests by this test

I enter the guest via vserver guest enter.

i type halt 0

within seconds i am tossed back into the host and looking at processes the
vserver lock process kills itself in about 5 seconds.. then if i run vserver
guest stop it says the guest is not running.

I am sure there are numerous reasons for not doing this, but why not just
execute init 0 within the guest from the vserver script while it does the
rest of its cleanup?

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book