From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Thu 22 Sep 2005 - 01:09:19 BST

i will have a need for 4 nics on 4 unique networks physically separated so no
chance of combining them on one nic.

will the guests work fine on this? i know i had trouble in the past running a
dedicated machine on multiple networks.

any given guest will be a member of a single network therefore will access
only a single nic. my concern is the host routing. previously when i did this
only members of the networks that were not assigned to eth0 could reach them.
the outside could not.

each network of course has its own unique gateway and netmask

example..

the 4 nics will be required to access

64.113.32.0/23 gw 32.1
64.113.34.0/24 gw 34.1
64.113.39.0/24 gw 39.1
172.30.x.x/24 pvt network gw 0.1

the first 3 must be reachable via the outside..

can this be accomplished properly? i personally cannot comprehend why the
network/gateway limitations are there. if each nic is on a separate network
it should be able to have its own default gateway for that network regardless
of other nics.

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book